PIR International bring over 100 years of combined Life Science Executive Search and Interim Search experience partnering with the world’s most advanced scientific, clinical and healthcare businesses.
ILUX began working with PIR in 2019. The company had a cloud-based infrastructure but at the time it just didn’t work. They experienced continual connectivity and performance issues that were disrupting the business.
The solution at that stage was to bring some of their systems back onto hardware owned by the PIR, creating a ‘private cloud’ combined with some of the services in the ‘public cloud’.
In 2022, the business looks very different. They have moved to their central London location with employees working in the office and from home across the UK.
PIR needed a fast, reliable solution that promoted collaboration between a team of people that work in the office, from home and across the world. Their staff needed to access data, work on projects together and collaborate with partners and clients easily, securely and cost-effectively.
ILUX migrated PIR’s whole IT infrastructure into the cloud. This solution delivered several benefits:
- No need for physical space in their offices in central London
- The business can make significant cost savings
- No hardware/capital investment will be needed in the coming years
- It enables all their staff and consultants to work from anywhere, regardless of location
- Any issues are resolved quicker as the ILUX Helpdesk can access systems much more effectively with less need for on-site engineers
- No disruption to business operations. The complete migration was handled outside of office hours leaving the team to focus on day-to-day operations
The business is now reaping the rewards of a flexible and collaborative system that suits their hybrid working arrangements.
“As always, it was a joy to work with ILUX. Their service was impeccable and the migration went smoothly and as planned.
Their proactive approach combined with their knowledge of our business meant that they were able to give us a solution that fits perfectly with the way we work.” Jayne Fergusson, Projects Director for PIR