The start of the year inevitably leads to all of us setting new year resolutions for ourselves, but what about for our businesses? James Tilbury, CEO of ILUX talks through some basic resolutions that could protect your business through 2023.
Like any good habit, your New Year’s resolutions should be manageable, easily trackable and make a genuine impact on your business. There have been some significant trends in the IT sector over the past year that will continue to impact this year. The main one is cyber security.
The temptation about now is probably to put your fingers in your ears and wish we’d stop talking about it but it’s a real and genuine threat. The second half of 2022 saw cyber criminals targeting SMEs in new and creative ways with ransomware attacks.
There are some easy wins for the beginning of the year that will mean your business is less exposed to cyber threats. Knowledge is power and your best form of defence. Train your staff to embrace these 5 things and your 2023 will bring you peace and happiness.
- Don’t use the same password for everything.
- Think before you click. If you do nothing else this year, get your team to embrace this ethic.
- Don’t share sensitive data over Teams. With more of us working remotely, Teams is often our first line of communication but make sure it’s secure.
- Update software regularly. Software updates are important because they often contain security updates, patches and fixes. If you don’t update these, it leaves you exposed.
- Adopt a layered approach to cyber security. Do you know where your weaknesses are and how to plug the gaps?
Can we help? We’d love to talk more about your IT support and cyber security arrangements. Click on the link to book a free consultation with one of our experts.